Wednesday, February 26, 2014

To Troll Or Not To Troll...

Recently in our class we had a discussion about if it was appropriate or not to post stuff at other peoples expense on social media. We also discussed if it was okay to trash and parody celebrities and others via those same medias. In this discussion, we also chatted about internet trolls, you know, those people who just have to be nasty about every little damn thing on the internet, from gaming to twitter. Personally, as annoying as it is, if you are on the internet and social media, you are bound to come across these types of people, and having dealt with enough of them, it is best to try and ignore them. But then again, I myself am guilty of posting some of the stuff we discussed and in honor of it I would like to share some of my favorites:
I don't know why, maybe because I was in marching band, but this makes me laugh every time I see this.
This poor kid has shown up in tons of internet memes, usually he achieves something great followed by something horrible happening. I am a big Star Wars fan, and here our young lad has become a Jedi on the same day Order 66 comes down which was the order to exterminate all the Jedi. Kid just cant catch a break!
Of course, there are tons of Chuck Norris memes and parodies out there, but the power of Chuck is nothing compared to Chesty Puller, one of the most decorated United States Marines ever, a real life badass. But, then again....


Lots of these types of memes have showed up recently due to Disney buying Lucas Film, because nothing says Star Wars like Mickey Mouse!


And of course, my list wouldn't be complete without some of the Hitler Rants videos. These shorts are created from the actual movie "Downfall" but the subtitles have been changed to fit to current happenings. Normally in them, Hitler is made to look like an even bigger idiot than he was. At other times, he is the voice of reason, which makes it even more disturbing because it is Hitler for God sake! In the video above Hitler says what pretty much everyone felt about Miley Cyrus at the MTV video awards.
Hitler hates Justin Beiber....and FEGELEIN!

And finally, Hitler finds out Chuck Norris is coming for him!


1 comment:

  1. Im so torn when it comes to this subject. I love a good meme, but I also hate being openly mean--i guess i like to keep my inner mean girl a secret, when it occasionally likes to come out. Sometimes i even feel bad about laughing at things, but there i am, laughing with a shame anyway.

    For instance, the Holocaust is traditionally not funny and a lot of people get offended by people who take things such as that and make jokes out of it. But i say to hell with Hitler. If anyone should universally be able to be made fun of by everybody, i say it's Hitler. So i love those memes.

    And as far as the old school photos being memes... I don't know. I guess they are mostly harmless. I'd just hate for someone to feel like their being teased. But like you said, if you upload it to the internet, you're at the mercy of the people, and the masses tend to not only be funny, but also can be unkind, in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete