Thursday, February 6, 2014

Loaded Drama #3

                                                                Loaded Drama #3
Of mice and men was a great story.  George and Lennie were great.  This was great read.  It was a little morbid, but it moved the story along.  The fact that Lennie was killing these animals was not clear to me till he killed Curly's wife.  I thought perhaps that it was something else.  George kept the secret about Lennie from the rest of the hired help at the farm.  Lennie trusted George with his life.  He always thought the best of George when ever he spoke of George.  I'm not sure whether Lennie knew his own strength or not.  But he had a love for bunnies.  I wonder if Lennie and George had got near bunnies if he would have killed them also.  Lennie was so perplexed by bunnies.  So the mice, the puppy and Curly's wife did not have to die.  Neither did Candy's old dog. But Candy's old dog was suffering.  This was a loyal thing to do by putting him out of his misery.  But George realized that he had to do something about Lennie or it would not stop or it would come back to hurt him.  So George did the right thing by shooting Lennie.  It was sad but loyal to do this. Curly's crew would have made Lenny suffer from the crime he committed.  I think that this was a good read for me.  I really liked the way the story was told.  There were no dull spots in the book.  I had to read it twice because it was so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment